Hollywood legend, political activist, and fitness guru Jane Fonda is proof that aging is a lovely process.
The 79-year-old wowed on the 2017 Venice Film Festival, as she and Robert Redford promoted their upcoming movie, Our Souls at Night. Dressed in a white jumpsuit (because she is the queen of jumpsuits!) and diamond loop earrings, Fonda switched up her signature flipped hair by styling it in a chic bob. Face-framing highlights, an off-center part, and tousled curls really make the look.
You don’t must chop off your locks to get this well-coiffed short hairstyle. New York City-based hairstylist and Stunning Braids author Monae Everett has an elastic trick that’ll assist you fake a haircut. Watch the video to see just how it’s done. Then scroll down for the scoop on all the tools and products Everett used to re-create Fonda’s fab flip on Claws actress Andrea Sooch.
1. Part hair into top and bottom sections.
2. Secure the highest section with a clip, and back-comb the bottom half on the roots. This helps to create fullness for the faux bob. Pro tip: Keep body and length as at the same time as possible to make it look “real./p>
3. Secure the top of the underside half with a small hair elastic. Twist under and secure with bobby pins.
4. Massage a volumizing mousse corresponding to Aquage Uplifting Foam to the top section.
5. Blow-dry with a round brush, working in small sections.
6. Pin curls and allow to cool for up to five minutes.
7. Unclip curls and lightly tease each section.
8. Use a ceramic flat iron to bend and smooth ends of hair. Pro tip: This helps so as to add a subtle curl and provides hair shape.
9. Lightly mist entire head with Oribe Superfine Hair Spray.
Watch more #CopyThat beauty tutorials from Yahoo Beauty:
Katy Perry’s VMAs eye-color brightening trick is freaking brilliant
This U.S. Open-inspired braided ponytail is a grand slam
We like that: Get Normani Kordei of Fifth Harmony’s glossy glow
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for nonstop inspiration delivered fresh to your feed, on daily basis. For Twitter updates, follow @YahooStyle and @YahooBeauty.