Tips For Moisturizing Low Porosity Hair
Having been natural for 3 years now, I’m lastly getting a greater understanding of wig shops in richmond va my hair – what’s good for it and what isn’t. I’ve low porosity, coarse, high density hair. If hair typing is your factor, I’d say my hair is well in the 4b/4c vary. My hair is protein delicate and doesn’t, I repeat, does not like everyone’s “holy grail”, coconut oil. Oh, did I mention that I’ve been going gray since I used to be about 19 years old, so I’ve acquired white strands and a few white patches throughout my hair. Out of all of these challenges, low porosity was the toughest for me to deal with, particularly as a newbie. In the beginning, I wondered; why is the conditioner sitting on my hair, why is it taking hours and hours for my hair to dry, why doesn’t it really feel tender, why is it so brittle What am I doing mistaken Low porosity hair needs plenty of love and understanding. However when you figure it out, you understand that low porosity really has loads to offer.
6 ideas for moisturizing low porosity hair
To me low porosity hair, might be essentially the most difficult of the three porosity varieties (regular and excessive, being the opposite two). In low porosity hair, the cuticle layer of the hair shaft may be very tightly closed making it tough for water and conditioning brokers to penetrate the hair shaft. But on the flip facet, as soon as that moisture is in, it’s in. But you need to know the best way to get it in and keep it in. Healthy low porosity hair is powerful, elastic, and shiny and also you solely have to remoisturize a couple of occasions a week. Listed here are some tips for moisturizing low porosity hair that have worked for me.
1. Use a prepoo therapy. You can use an oil, a mixture of oils, a conditioner containing oils, or a butter. A prepoo remedy could be very useful for low porosity hair as a result of it could actually add softness, slip, and weight (which helps with frizz). Penetrating oils like coconut, sunflower, olive, avocado, or grapeseed are good decisions. Some advocate making use of this treatment hours before washing your hair. But should you don’t have that form of time (and many of us don’t) you should utilize a thermal heat cap or steamer for ½ hr and let it work its magic. After the therapy, wash totally.
2. Always deep situation. Deep conditioning works finest if you happen to depart it on for a minimum of ½ hr but you can go away it on for as long as you like. For low porosity hair, I’ve found that deep conditioning works finest with heat. Heat sources corresponding to a steamer, a hooded dryer or a thermal heat cap work equally effectively. When you don’t have any of these items, simply cover your hair with a plastic cap, put a hat on top of that and let your physique heat do the work.
3. Water down your conditioner. I do know we’re taught to just slather on conditioner straight from the bottle onto our hair. However it’s true what they are saying “water wig shops in richmond va is the very best moisturizer”. The point right here is to saturate your complete head. Think about, water aided by conditioner penetrating each inch of your dry strands. There’s nothing better. I take advantage of about 2 ounces of conditioner to six ounces of water. I divide my hair into sections and then work this conditioner mixture all through. I twist up every part then proceed to deep condition with heat.
4. Seal in moisture with an oil. Low porosity hair usually responds higher to the L(liquid/go away-in), C(cream), O(oil) technique relatively than the well-known LOC method. All the time use your liquid/go away-in first, and your oil last. After my leave-in, I exploit Pura Body’s Murumuru Moisture Milk earlier than I apply my favorite oil mixture. Some could even need to forgo the cream and apply oil proper after the leave in.
5. Attempt bagging or using the GHE (green home impact) technique in your hair (either at evening or when you’ve got a couple of hours and nowhere to go). I’ve tried both of these strategies, and I think they’re both nice for bringing again moisture to very dry strands and encouraging progress. These are good choices for a mid-week “pick-me-up” to your hair. Warning: Your hair will likely be damp after these classes. So, what I prefer to do then is place my hair in a excessive puff and rock those natural curls.
6. Make satin your best friend. Whether or not you sleep with a satin cap or use a satin pillowcase, satin doesn’t rob your hair of moisture the best way cotton does. So ditch the cotton pillowcase and let your head slip and slide on satiny heaven. And for additional good measure, particularly throughout these chilly winter months, end up a satin lined hat. Now that is protection!