Fashion house established in Florence by Salvatore Ferragamo (initially from Avellino) in 1927. In 1914 he moved to Boston in the USA, carrying his passion for shoes and the nice crafting abilities. Within the early twenties he strikes to Santa Barbara, California, where he opens a shop for footwear fixing. California was, in those years, the good wonderland where the film trade was starting to flourish; this translated in a excessive request of customized made footwear, which in fact meant that Salvatore Ferragamo grew to become the “shoemaker of the stars”. As a result of excessive manufacturing prices and the lack of succesful craftsmen, in 1927 Ferragamo goes again to Italy and establishes the “Ferragamo Shoe factory”; in a photograph of the time, the well-known typographic logotype appeared already. In 1938, due to a growth in manufacturing, Ferragamo acquires the Palazzo Spini Feroni in Florence as headquarters of his places of work. Within the early fifties, to have fun his first parade in Florence, the tag-logo was slightly restyled: the black-white contrast is lightened and the title of the style designer seems too. In 1958 the “hook” appears for the primary time on one of the purses: though it isn’t and never would be the official emblem of the model, it is still very recognizable, attributable to its presence on most of the products; legend has it that Ferragamo was inspired by the gate of Palazzo Spini Feroni. In 1960, after the death of the founder, the logotype with his signature appears. The corporate was left within the arms of his spouse and his six kids who, once they became eligible, covered key roles within the administration of the company, additionally contributing to its enlargement. In 1982 a new restyling simplifies the founder’s signature; the first letter “F” was used as inspiration for some decorated cloths and as identify for a perfume.